Overseas Student Health Care (OSHC)
As an international student in Australia, you are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of your study in Australia.
International students undertaking formal studies in Australia, and their dependents (for example, spouses and children under 18 years old), must obtain OSHC. It includes cover for visits to the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals (medicines).
OSHC insurers can provide a range of different OSHC products. These may range from a basic product which covers only the compulsory minimum services to comprehensive products which cover, in addition to the compulsory minimum services, extra services as specified under the particular policy. You can find more information, including a list of the providers and average costs, on the Department of Health.
But there are also other types of insurance which you may find useful such as Travel Insurance, Home and Content insurance, Vehicle Insurance, Travel Insurance etc.
SHIC can arrange OSHC for student and their accompanying family members to Australia on student’s request
Enquiry Now